Equi-N-icE is the most effective cooling treatment for treating horses with knocks, sprains and bruises. Equi-N-icE reduces heat twice as efficiently as other cryo-therapies, requires no refrigeration, is not messy, needs no mixing and has no unpleasant smells.
- Instant cold treatment
- Quick and easy to apply even to awkward knees and hocks
- Cools, compresses and supports the leg whilst drawing heat away
- Reduces inflammation and bruising
- Helps speed up healing
- No refrigeration needed
- Can be worn during work
- Stable Pack contains 2 bandages and a 500ml bottle of coolant
Cold and compression is well documented as the most effective way of treating inflammation, swelling and bruising of muscles, tendons and ligaments for both preventative and remedial purposes.
Equi-N-icE works by drawing heat away from the affected area through a process of rapid evaporation, rather than forcing cold in as is the case with Ice Packs.
Upon application of the Equi-N-icE Reusable Cooling Bandage the temperature of the treated area will drop by 10 to 15°C within 20 minutes. The bandage will stay cold for up to two hours after application and can be safely used for as long as is needed.
Designed to be applied directly to the horse's leg, the Equi-N-icE Reusable Cooling Bandage provides a much more effective and safer alternative to Ice Packs and other techniques that allow extreme cold temperatures to come into contact with the leg and can cause pain or damage to the injured tissue.
Two reusable cotton bandages treated with Equi-N-icE coolant and a 500ml bottle of recharge coolant.
How to Apply
- Take the bandage out of the resealable pouch
- Squeeze excess fluid back into the pouch, bandage should be damp not dripping wet
- Securely wrap bandage around the leg, following proper wrapping procedure
- Do not overlap the bandage by more than a third. Doing so will reduce the coolant’s ability to evaporate
- Fasten the bandage with the self grip strap
- For best results leave the bandage on for at least 20 minutes
- Remove the bandage, roll up and replace into resealable pouch
- Add 80ml of recharge coolant
- Seal the pouch and shake briefly
- Your bandage is now ready for its next use